We are missionary disciples striving to lead all people to the Kingdom of God.
As friends and followers of Jesus, we are devoted to fostering households and communities of discipleship through the mission and ministry of the Catholic Church.
Bishop Ricken's Parish Planning Video
Fr. Dan Felton, from Scarcity to Abundance
What to Expect from Parish Mission Planning for Your Parish Video
Priest/Pastoral Leader PMP Info Sessions
To prepare for Parish Mission Planning Wave 3, we will be offering several Pastor/Pastoral Leader informational meetings at several locations throughout the diocese this summer.
Wednesday, May 29: St John Parish, Gillett, 127 Garden Ave, 54124
Friday, June 14: All Saints School Library, Denmark, 145 Saint Claude St, 54208
Thursday, July 11: St Gabriel the Archangel Parish, Neenah, 900 Geiger St, 54956
You only need to attend the morning or afternoon session. Lunch is provided.
PMP Core Team Workshops
Parish Mission Planning Core Team training: Learn the why, what and how to launch and successfully complete a Parish Mission Plan. You will receive a comprehensive manual with streamlined tools and easy to understand instructions for each key position on the Core Team.
Workshops are 3:30-6:30 p.m. OR 6-9 p.m. Dinner will be at 6 p.m.
- June 5 (Wed) Oconto, Holy Trinity
- June 24 (Mon) Antigo, St John
- More dates and locations to be determined
Curia Support Team Contact Pages:
Todd Blahnik, Superintendent of Catholic Schools, (920) 272-8273 - CLICK HERE
Gabriela Chavez, Parish Planning Coordinator, (920) 272-8286 - CLICK HERE
Barry Metzentine, Director of Parish Planning & Pastoral Services, (920) 272-8297 - CLICK HERE
PMP Launch Toolkit Overview - pdf Download Document (1.25 MB)
Workshop Binder Materials
- Front Pocket Insert- 9 Step Planning Workbook
- Front Pocket Insert - 9 Step Planning Workbook - Word
- Tab 1 - AgendaTab 2 - Parish Mission Planning PowerPoint
- Tab 3 - Parish Mission Planning Overview
- Tab 4 - Health of Leadership Survey - CLICK HERE to Access Online
- Tab 5 - CLICK HERE to Access Checklists Including Instructions
- Tab 6 - Sample Community Data Sheets
- Tab 7 - School and Parish Planning: Key Recommendations
- Tab 8 - Discipleship & Parish Mission Planning Roadmap | Final Planning Document
Surveys & Checklists
Who Should Complete the Surveys?
The survey is designed for those that lead or actively serve in the church or school. The online survey is not designed to be a total parish survey. At least 30 surveys should be submitted, more surveys from various parish demographics will garner best results.
- Staff/faculty: pastor, pastoral leader, associate pastor, deacon, religious, parish staff, school administration/teachers, bookkeepers
- Ministry leaders: all individuals who lead/facilitate a parish or school ministry area (including volunteers) such as Altar Society, Liturgy/Worship, Men/Women's Ministry, Faith Formation, Catechists, RE, Youth Ministry, Prayer Groups, Pastoral Care Ministries, etc.
- Board members/Trustees: school board members, parish trustees, and other individuals/group deemed top-level advisory or governance
- Pastoral Council Chair or member: pastoral council chairs, council members
- Finance Council chair or member: Finance committee members and council members
- Parish Mission Planning team member: all members of the parish mission planning team
- Committee member: Anyone actively attending committee meetings and or doing the work of the committee
- Other ministries, Active Parent, Active Parishioner, Young Adult, Seniors, etc.: Parents of school age children, young adults, seniors, parents of children attending school or RE, any demographic that might help decipher parish/community needs
PMP Checklists - CLICK HERE
As a part of the Assessment Toolkit, twelve checklists are provided modeled on best practices as defined by personnel with area expertise. With an honest assessment these checklists will identify areas for enrichment, while honoring the current good works, in key areas of parish/school operations and ministries. These checklists emphasize the cultural nuances of the new evangelization, missionary discipleship and community impact. And, where appropriate, they incorporate a standard way of complying with legal or ethical requirements.
Parish Mission Planning Checklist - CLICK HERE
Who Should Complete the Checklists? Please distribute to individuals best equipped to answer the questions in the 12 areas of consideration below (one person may be able to complete more than one checklist, but it is not expected that one person can answer all the checklists).
Team Meeting Materials - CLICK HERE
Other/Supporting Resources - CLICK HERE